- Our Seastainable Products are shipped without any plastic packaging, but a paper sleeve if necessary.
- Right from the manufacturing process we do NOT use any form of plastic.
- We use canvas pouches that are made out of 100% recycled linen to carry our straws. Should you purchase an individual straw, you can add it into the cart for an additional $2.50.
- Our envelopes are usually unwanted, plain white envelopes donated from corporate partners, however at times they do come from recycled opened envelopes, angbaos, or storybooks. We ask for your understanding that it may not be look as pretty all the time!
- We try to upcycle our waste from corporate partners
- Our namecards are currently made out of 100% pre consumer recycled sugar cane waste from Thailand.
- We actually created our own banner by reusing and painting over a donated banner. However, it kinda got stuck in the casing (as the paint is sticky) so we decided to print one instead can always be reused!
- Any extra bits of waste that we produce (cut paper), stamps are kept and recycled.
- Our Seastainable products are shipped via SingPost, and hence be delivered to your mailbox.
- We provide additional registered mail at $2.50 on top of the existing shipping fee.
- Products ideally take 5 working days to reach you, however, sometimes it takes awhile so please do be patient!
- If the parcel has not been received within two weeks, please do drop us a message.
- For all orders above $100, we usually give complementary registered mail.
Guide To Using Seastainable Straws
- Our straws come in two sizes 6mm (Regular) and 12mm (Bubble Tea)
- Our Bubble Tea straws are able to suck up pearls of all sizes!
- Upon receiving the straw, please do rinse it before use.
- Our straws are made up of food grade stainless steel 304 and is dishwasher safe.
- Our pouches are easily handwashed, and can be placed in the washing machine.
- As all stainless steel ware (like your spoons & forks), they may have slight scratches over time and can be polished!
How To Drink Bubble Tea???
- Our straws can pierce through the bubble tea seal, however it also depends on whether the cup is flimsy (Koi Large Cups are really durable FYI)
- We recommend using a knife/key/sharp object to cut open the seal before inserting your bubble tea straw.
- Koi & GongCha staff are also trained to place your bubble tea in your own tumblr and the Medium Size would be 500ml.
Why Are Your Straws Affordable?
- We operate on a lean business model, with zero frills. This means we don't waste money on unnecessary sponsoring, marketing or packaging. Our straws are meant to be simple and fuss free for you.
What does 50% profits to marine conservation mean?
- We believe that the minimum we should contribute to marine conservation should be 50% of the profits. However, this does not mean we strictly keep to the minimum of 50%. At the moment, about 60% of our profits supports marine conservation efforts.
- We consider profits to be the price of the straw minus the cost of the straw.
- Therefore this means about 30% of rest of the profits goes to maintaining the operations and website.
- The remaining 20% is used as float to allow us to continue to re-invest back into the business and support our efforts.
- As of April 12, 2018, we have given approximately $4,000 SGD back to marine conservation efforts.
Can You Drink Hot Drinks With The Straw?
Please be mindful that the straw is made of metal, so it does conduct the temperature of your drink directly. Please do not drink boiling hot drinks with your straw!